Rakuten.com Shopping

Buy.com

Friday 3 February 2012

1 Malaysia Book Voucher

Yo, I had just spent my 1 Malaysia Book Voucher on Wednesday. The vouchers were distributed to every tertiary studies' students. In my opinion, this is one of the tricks used before election in order to attract more supports, particularly from the young generation. I'm not fallen into that!


Wednesday was Wilayah Day, thus it was a holiday in Kuala Lumpur. My cousin didn't work on that day but he needed to have a glance at the fair of his company in IOI Mall. He invited me to go along and reminded me that there was a Popular bookstore. 


We went there around 12p.m.. We wandered around the bookstore and I was searching for the books that I wanted. I found it, it was the late Steve Job's biography. It cost me RM99.90. There were other editions and Chinese versions which were cheaper but I was so adamant to buy the original version since I wanted to support intellectual property. Besides, according to Johnvyn (Ping), Walter Isaacson was the only one authorised by late Steve to write his biography. I respected the late Steve. As what I had mentioned in the post 'Farewell Test', there is one copy of it in TARc's library (KL Main Campus) but I don't think I have enough time to finish it before I graduate. 


I spent all the book vouchers but the book vouchers were not enough! I bought three books, they cost me RM219.50 with another two books which cost RM59.80 each. The two books were recommended by Jared when we were going to Popular book fair in Penang. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the book which Jared recommended me the most. I thought, it should be a hot stuff, otherwise I should be able to find it. It was a tiny book which cost RM60++. 


For your information, anyone spending RM150 with the book vouchers are eligible to make a student card with Popular free of charge. I wondered whether I was eligible as the terms and conditions stated that the student card was meant for students age from 7 to 18. Hopefully my sister can get it in 6 weeks time. 


There are still plenty of books I want to buy but I am insufficient of the book vouchers. Ergo, I hereby announce that I'm willing to offer RM150 for the RM200 book vouchers. If anyone's interested please contact me. As you may already know, I started to have the reading habit after being influenced and impressed by Jared and Johnvyn. I do hope that those who get the book vouchers appreciate them. 






P/S: Please click on one of the google ads on the right before you leave, thank you.

No comments:

Blog Archive