Rakuten.com Shopping

Buy.com

Sunday 22 April 2012

Post April 2012 Examination Review

Actually I had finished my last examination, which was also my last internally assessed paper in TARc on Monday. This time, I didn't prepare well!


My first examination started on 9 April 2012. It was Moral dan Etika, a paper which almost all the students overlooked since majority of the questions were multiple choice questions. So did I. I thought a piece of cake should happen. However, many of the students started to regret right after the examination. Since it was not a core subject, hence students tended to ignore it and place more emphasis on the option papers. Luckily I managed to answer the subjective essay questions. I used one of the speeches in '36 Hours On Call' by Kenneth Ma to answer the question regarding doctor's ethics. 


Then, the examination followed by P4 Advanced Financial Management on Friday, which was also the toughest subject to most of the students. However, in my opinion, it was fairly okay when I finished the whole syllabus. I was so excited when I finished the paper as I still had 30 minutes left. This was the only paper in my Advanced Diploma's study which I could have plenty of time for double-checking. 


Nonetheless, it didn't mean that the paper was easy. It was easier than expected but it was tougher than expected when you attempted. What do I mean here? I mean I could understand the questions but when I really began to attempt, I found that I was in dilemma. Based on the concept, I should do that but I had never tried such questions before, hence I was 'chicken-out'. Ergo, I used and stated a lot of assumptions. I hoped Dr Wong accepted my answers. 


Dr Wong called me the day before the examination. She was not giving me tips but asking me for opinion and advice. She wanted to hold additional class for us. She said she would like to organise an extra class other than the 12-hour revision class, she would give us around 5 questions to practise within the time frame and let us assess our level ourselves. Initially, I was so happy and excited with her plan because I treated it as my final practice and preparation but on the other hand, I didn't hope to get the special class. It's not because I want to go back to my hometown or I'm smart already, it's because I don't want Dr Wong to be so tiresome. She should have a proper rest. In my opinion, what she had sacrificed and contributed were more than enough.


She kept on asking me whether the students would like it or not or would the students appreciate as well as attend the class. I guaranteed her not to worry so much as I was pretty sure that students like me will love it very much. We really appreciate your effort all the way, Dr Wong. We aren't smart, so the only way to improve ourselves is via practising a lot of questions. She trusted me and promised that she would proceed with the plan. 


It proved that the students liked it very much when she announced it after the examinations. I was so shocked to know that she didn't inform E.S.H. of this decision, that meant I was the only one knowing this news. Thank you, Dr Wong for treating me as a valuable adviser, consultant or a friend who can share the thoughts.


Monday was the day for my last paper, P6 Advanced Taxation. Frankly speaking, this paper was not tough either. Nevertheless, the question requirements were too many and hence time-consuming. I just managed to finished it on time. I was extremely glad that our internal paper had such standard. At least, it really prepared me for the ACCA examinations. Thanks Sirs.


I didn't know why I didn't have any anxiety this time. Do you still remembered my previous post, 'Examination Phobia'? It was my most anxious and nervous examinations ever in my life so far but I was pretty relax this time even if I didn't do any tutorial questions other than AFM's (This was my second time to do the Advanced Taxation's questions). I couldn't find the answer. E.S.H. also told me that he had this kind of feeling as well. We didn't know whether it was good or bad but the feeling was really pretty awesome. In fact, I was quite excited knowing that I would have my last examination in TARc.


Hopefully I could be like this in June, the so-called 'steady style'! Let's hope for the best and I wish everybody passes their examinations.






P/S: Please click on one of the google ads on the right (below google +1) before you go, thank you very much.

No comments:

Blog Archive