Rakuten.com Shopping

Buy.com

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Merdeka

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! For those who don't understand what do these words mean, I am here to explain to you that they mean 'independence'. For your information, my country, Malaysia was having its 53th birthday yesterday.

I am so sorry that I just write about it on today because I was so tired and busy yesterday. The Independence Day this year was so special to me due to the following reasons:

First of all, this was my first time celebrating the Independence Day in Kuala Lumpur. Secondly, this year, the celebration was held in indoor, Stadium Putra. I was so curious that why they celebrated it in indoor and my uncle hinted me. He said 'puasa'. Then I realised that our Malays are 'puasa-ing'. That means, if the celebration was held in outdoor, then the Malays might faint due to the hot sun. Holding the celebration indoor might mean that there was no more airplane show. No wonder nowadays the sky was so 'lonely' and quiet.

On top of that, I was having conversation with my mom through mobile phone. I passed it to my uncle and he asked my mom to buy rice. Initially I was stunned because he then said in Cantonese '米跌价'. Finally, I could figure out what did he mean. Haha, this was his translation of Independence Day.

We watched the celebration via television. As usual, there were lots of songs and I found one of the songs was very interesting and meaningful. One of the lyrics sounded like this, 'satu bangsa satu negara'. It means 'one race one nation'. When I heard this, I was doubting its accuracy. On the contrary, I also hope that our country can achieve this one day but not today.

If one race and one nation are true, then why we still need to fill in our race in the application form? Why can't they abolish this part or just print the word 'Malaysian' over there? I really look forward to seeing this happen one day because this is my country, we must love each other without any discrimination between races. This is our country, we must work out together, we must share the wealth together and we must face or overcome the problems together.

No comments:

Blog Archive