Rakuten.com Shopping

Buy.com

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Taman Sukun

This morning, I departed to Taman Sukun at 9.00a.m. because I wanted to visit my Mama. She is living there and now is sick!

I followed the map drawn by my friend, Trendy. However, I was lost! Haha, luckily I knew Bahasa Malaysia, then I used this language to communicate with the Malays there. I reached my Mama's house at about 10.30a.m.. On my way there, I totally asked 4 people, two Malays and two Chineses.

This was also my second time ride through Penang bridge! There were lots of nails on the bridge, especially on the motorcycle lane! The nails were not what we use at home but about 15 cm each! Oh my God! Therefore, I paid full attention when I passed through the bridge.

We chatted a lot there and the house looks so differently even though I had been there for week during my Primary School holidays. If I was not mistaken, I think, I had been 10 years not being there! My Mama told me that her legs, knees particularly, very "sour"! Thus, she can't stand or walk for long hour and she feels paralysed after standing for minutes. Haiz... I wish I can help you, Mama.

Around 11.00 a.m., I heard someone horned! My Mama said that was a vegetables seller. He drives there almost everyday just to sell vegetables to them. My Mama is aged and fighting with diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, kidney malfunction and so on! Hence, she can't go to market anymore, so she relies on the vegetables seller very much!

She told me that the seller had not come for 3 days due to car check! So, I asked her what did she eat these few days, she said that she just ate porridge with peanut! She even can't cook! Actually, she has a son who works in newspaper factory but he doesn't mature yet in terms of mental even though he is almost 40! Last time, my Mama loved him so much but now, he always scolds my Mama when my Mama asks him to do something, for example buy something, take medicine at hospital, go hospital for medical check-up, clean the house... I noticed that my Mama shed a tear when she told me these! Once again, I wish I can help her out of these troubles.

We talked much about last time, the time when she carried me! I was shocked when she told me that my heart had holes when I was still a baby! No wonder my stamina is so weak and my heart will pain if I over-exercised(according to my own standard, given that my standard is far below a layman). Maybe I should be careful of heart attack from now onwards.

She also told me how stingy and how my family's attitude when I was born! The only one she praised was my grandfather whom we dislike! She said he treated her meals every time he met her last time and my father was so stingy and he even didn't buy me a swing bed. The swing bed was bought by my Mama. When I was small, I always sick because I was too weak! One day, she asked my mummy to take me to hospital and my mummy took leave and took me to hospital with my Mama. However, I was not served for a day and finally they went home. The second day, my mummy was reluctant to take leave anymore. So, my Mama was the one who took me to hospital to correct my head's position(last time, my head slant a bit).

Besides, she told me one thing very funny and I think, I had heard about this before. She said, one day, I called her to buy 蛎煎 when I was staying at my grandpa's house or my 姨婆's house for days. My grandma told her that I missed her 蛎煎 so much and I had not passed motion since I stayed there. When I went back to my home, I immediately tried to found out the 蛎煎 and my Mama but I failed. Thereupon, I cried! Luckily, my Mama bought the 蛎煎 back afterwards and I enjoyed it. After having it, surprisingly, I passed motion at once. Haha... This is not a joke!

She told me that Alma is near to there too. I didn't tell her about my Princess since my Princess lives there. She said Alma there has a lot of Malays, so the hawkers there dare not to sell pork! Maybe this is the reason why my Princess is so thin, haha...

Before I went home, she gave me an "ang pow" since this was my first time be there but I refused to take it and informed her that this was my second time be there already and because my Mama is jobless now and his son is so "terrible" and she has to be injected or "clean kidneys" almost every month or week and this takes RM80 per time. Instead, I wanted to give her RM50 note but she rejected me. At last, we exchanged. I received her "ang pow" and she accepted my RM50 note. I told her that I am capable now. I work as a tuition teacher now, so I have money to spend, now it's time for me to take care of her and give her money! Before I leave, I wanted her to take good care of herself, eat less glucose and glycerol! I promised her that I will always come to visit her and find her during Chinese New Year.

I went back at 11.30a.m.. On my way back, it is true that Alma is there. I decided not to go there as I had no reason to call Princess out. When I successfully went back to Penang, I opened the "ang pow" and noticed that my Mama lied me! She told me that there was just a single red note but I found two! Mama, you lied me!

Mama, please take good care of yourself. I will always come to visit you. I sure will help you out when I am competent to do so. I will drive there next time, and I can fetch you everywhere during that time. Let's look forward to it!

Lastly, special thanks to Trendy! I really want to thank you so much!

No comments:

Blog Archive